Round Peg In a Square Hole-crafts

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Live and Learn-Dying with Kool-Aid, part deux

Notes to self:

1) Just because you’ve tried a technique once, doesn’t mean you really know how to do it

and

2) Red is evil.

Just finished my first set of post-Sock Wars SoD. I had done them in white (with “Sock of Doom” on one heel and “Sock Wars” on the other, in black), with the intention to dye it red with Kool-Aid. Since I had dyed with Kool-Aid before, I thought I knew what to expect, and that it would be easier dying red. Last time, I was a little unhappy with the intensity of the color, so this time I used more powder, and maybe three packages of Kool-Aid (two cherry, one strawberry) were a little much for one pair of socks, because the damn things KEEP BLEEDING!

When I did the green ones, the socks sucked all the color (from two (plus a little) Kool-Aid packages) from the water, and didn’t bleed very much at all. This time, I used the same dish, a similar amount of water, and three packages, but there was still a lot of color in the water when I took them out, and the color keeps coming off in the rinse water. Grrrrrr! Not really sure what I am going to do.

Labels: