Round Peg In a Square Hole-crafts

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Post-game socks for Artsy Gal


These are the socks I made for my umpty-ump down the line target in the post-game Sock Wars world. I envisioned them as pink and purple, but they're almost a mauve-y red and purple. They look nice, though.

Did the heels with duplicate stitch, as opposed to the last pair, which were done Fair Isle. Have to say, I prefer Fair Isle--it's cleaner. Also, since I was doing this after picking up the gusset stitches on the heel flap, and holding it upside down (to the way it was knitted) I ended up with one fewer stitches to work with, and couldn't figure out a way to squeeze Sock of Doom in w/o having it run into the gusset, which I thought would look funny. C'est la vie; I like them anyway. Hope Artsy Gal does, too.

Labels: