Round Peg In a Square Hole-crafts

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Gaaaaagggghhhhhh!

I got annoyed this morning when I went to read a blog I follow, and it hadn't been updated since the 5th of October. Don't these people know I need my entertainment? Then I came here and realized that it had been even longer since I had updated. Sigh. We deplore the flaw in others of which we, ourselves are guilty.

So, on to the updates!

Sock Wars II has begun, and I have fired off my first shot. Lovely pattern, quick to knit, with a stitch pattern similar to that used in Sam's mermaid costume, so I felt right at home at once. Took longer than I expected, what with going to Disneyland the day the pattern came out. (Should have figured out how to check my email on my cell phone; could have been knitting on the socks hours before I actually started. As it was, I finished all of the body of a pumpkin while in the car, in line, etc.) Also, went to a ball the next night and, despite sitting in my lovely period-ish evening gown knitting between dances, I was too tired to sit up after we got home, so I lost both late-night-knitting sessions. This meant that I didn't finish until late Monday night, and mailed them early yesterday morning, along with some goodies to soften the blow. Hope she likes them! And hope she's quick about sending along SIP! I would love to kill again before I die, though I'm still listed as "alive" in the database. Don't know if that means that my assasin is slow, or stealthy.

Speaking of pumpkins, have all the knitting on the first three done, though I think I'd like to try a few of the smaller ones. Am sewing the *%$#@! pieces together, which takes forever, but I am almost done and will soon be ready to felt. I think I have enough plastic bags to felt all three at once. At least I hope so!

Have made a little more progress on one of the Sock Madness socks. Unfortunately, my digital camera has gone south, so I am unable to show progress pics at this time. (Maybe I actually need to read the instruction manual for my cell phone, since it has a camera......) Am up to the heel turn on the second sock, so I should finish it well before Christmas.

Got the yarn to finish the baby jeans at the same time that I got the rest of the pumpkin yarn, so I should be able to finish those quickly, now that I'm in waiting mode in Sock Wars. They are very cute, and will also be done well before Christmas.

Have decided to completely redo this tea cozy, as it doesn't at all look like the original design. Have the yarn, but have yet to cast on, and I've already missed the birthday it was for, sigh.....

Oh, and my husband liked the Luvgun! It's too silly, really, and a quick knit. May need to use the rest of the yarn to make a holster, though.

No progress on anything else. Frustrating, but there it is.

In other news, I am approaching cubic closest packing density in packing stuff into my storage unit, while still retaining accessibilty. Really need to get pix, as I have been rather ingenious about it. Need to do a post on that saga, RSN.