Round Peg In a Square Hole-crafts

Friday, March 09, 2007

New Game Starts Tomorrow

Sock Madness kicks off tomorrow! Finally starting to get excited about it; hope I have as much fun as I did in Sock Wars!

I'm kinda behind in gathering my supplies, though. I missed the call for sign-ups, and when they opened the first round up to anyone who wanted to join, it didn't occur to me that I needed to look into the materials list. Hence, I have now broken my vow of Knit From Your Stash, and can't even use my one get-out-of-jail-free opportunity, since I made online orders from two different stores. Sigh! How did $60 fly out the door so fast? And then, since the yarn wouldn't arrive in time for me to start on Saturday, I had to go to the LYS for one skein, even though I was cheating and using scraps for the varigated. My first pair will be the KnitPicks Memories colorway Red Hat, paired with a solid red.

Have to say I was a little surprised that the very first sock involves color work (or maybe it's just striped? But then why specify one varigated?) That seems pretty complicated for a first sock in such a competition. Makes me worried about where we will go from there! Besides, I'm more into stitch patterns than color work; I love cables, twisted stitches, lace, etc. Hope at least some of them are like that!

Really glad they changed the rules so that all who are interested can play, at least in the first round. Like many others, I'm just in it for the sock patterns and the comraderie!

Update: Just re-read the rules for KFYS, and sock yarn is specifically excluded. Cool!

Labels: