Round Peg In a Square Hole-crafts

Monday, September 25, 2006

They're on their way!



Captions: 1) first International Sock of Doom, with the heel turned; approx 3 hours of work; 2) first finished ISoD; 3) the pair

My first pair of International Socks of Doom are on their way to my target even as I write this! This has been a lot of fun, though I think I'll get on the forum and try to work out with the others some way of tightening up the game. I really like the game aspect, but there has to be a way to get around the fact that some folks are flaking.

It's too bad that Gordon had to stick his windy nose into this, but Yarn Monkey did everything she could to try to get the game started despite him. When she finally got power and internet access back, her email was still down, so she just posted the pattern to her blog. When, by the next day, she still didn't couldn't get our target dossiers to us, she posted Assassin-Target pairs, with emails, so we could get the info ourselves. (From the posts on the forum, I'm not the only one who had finished socks and no address to send them to; fortunately for me, I finished them on Saturday night, and there was no postal service on Sunday, so getting the address on Sunday was no real hardship.) Anyway, my target has already sent me her half-finished socks, even though she hasn't received hers, which I thought was sweet of her. I should get them by the weekend, so I should be able to mail the next set by next Monday. (Took me about 7 hours to make this pair (they go REALLY fast), and I would expect that number to only go down, particularly since my target was knitting both socks at the same time, so they're both past the heel and only have the foot to go. )

Looking forward to the next round!

Labels: ,