Round Peg In a Square Hole-crafts

Friday, September 22, 2006

Sock Wars on hold

So, 'long about 5:00 p.m. yesterday, I started checking my email, looking for the pattern and info on my target for Sock Wars. It's been a very long week, and I had wanted to take part of the day off yesterday, but needed to be available to get the pattern as soon as it was posted. So, I sat and stitched in my office (counted cross stitch for my mother is almost done; I'm down to the last of the backstitch), checking my email occassionally; say, every 45 seconds or so. Eventually, I checked it less frequently, and finally gave up aroun 6:30, quite disappointed.

Much later that night, when I finally got home, I thought about checking for the pattern, but realized that, if it was there, I would be up half the night knitting, and I had a 7:00 yoga class AND an 8:00 meeting I had to run.

Woke up this morning with the horrible realization that she might have posted the pattern to the forum IN WHICH CASE I WAS HOURS BEHIND! Checked the forum, checked her website, checked my email--nada, zip. Harumph.

Checked various times throughout the day, with no results. Finally, I read on the forum that there was a huge storm in the UK last night and many people are without power. Ding! We have a winner--Yarn Monkey lives in Belfast.

So, nearly 800 people around the world are waiting with bare needles and balled yarn, compulsively checking their email, and hoping Yarn Monkey and her family and friends are all safe.

(Is it here yet? I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.....)

Labels: ,